Amazed by Blaze

Kayla Goldsby, Opinion Editor

Have you ever been in a predicament where it’s lunch time, you have an off-campus pass but can’t think of anywhere to go? Well Fast-Fire’d Blaze Pizza has definitely saved any junior or senior from finding themselves in this dilemma. Only 5 minutes away from West High (by car), Blaze has been the afternoon stop for teens looking for a lunch or an after school meal.

At Blaze, the customer has the choice of choosing one of the eight signature pizzas or building their own with no extra cost. The signature selection offers multiple styles of pizza that will satisfy any customer from meat-lover to vegan; including their Meat Eater Pizza made with pepperoni, crumbled meatballs, red onion, mozzarella and red sauce and the Veg Out Pizza composed of zucchini, mushrooms, red onion, mozzarella, gorgonzola and red sauce dollops. By creating your own pizza, you have the option of using every topping from the bar that you crave with no boundaries. It’s not only the “build your own pizza” option that makes Blaze so unique, but their blazing oven dome used to bake the pizzas. Temperatures can reach up to of 900F, while the floor temperature ranges from 600F to 800F. Thankfully, each pizzasmith overseeing the oven is specially trained in how to properly rotate pizzas through these different heat zones.

Blaze isn’t just a place to dine, but a great place to fundraise. They are known to have hosted three fundraisers for West High’s clubs and athletics. Blaze Pizza supports any organization that doesn’t discriminate against a person, group or belief and with every purchase made, 20% is donated back to your organization. To begin fundraising, go to www.blazepizza.com/fundraising/ for more details or ask your local Blaze manger for questions on how to apply. Don’t wait, go enjoy a Blaze Pizza today!