FFA Fall Festival Fun

Courtesy of Pack Leadership

Jocelyn Preciado, Staff Reporter

Every year in the fall comes multiple things: pumpkin spice lattes, big comfy sweaters, football season, and West High’s Fall Festival. West High’s Future Farmers of America (FFA) has proudly put on this event for previous years with this year as no exception. The festival is open to the community, parents and students to come and join in on the fun. People were able to have their faces painted, enjoy the petting zoo, games and a pumpkin to keep.
FFA advisor, Ms. Marlene Hepner, proudly said, ” My favorite part of the Fall Festival is that our students get to teach community members about agriculture..the purpose of the [event] is that kids promote agriculture in the community”. The funds raised at the festival go into the FFA account and help pay towards West High’s members to go to leadership activities at the chapter level or above to conferences for the program. “We send kids to represent our chapter at sectional, regional, state and even national level… the money that supports the chapter is spent on the kids in many different ways”.
Senior Brittany Young explained how she enjoyed joining the festival because it gave her the chance to see the community learning what the FFA stands for and does. She described how it’s a great organization where a student can learn about farming, raising, animal and vegetation. “My favorite part of the fall festival…was seeing all of the kids and parents coming together and having fun”.