El Pollo Loco review

Adrian Salazar, Staff Reporter

Going off campus can be a hassle if you’re a senior or junior. Especially if you only have 35 minutes to go and come back in time for your next class. Just six minutes away from West High by car, El Pollo Loco (The Crazy Chicken) is the perfect place for you and your friends to go and have yourself some authentic Mexican food! They even have their drive-thru… Whether you’re looking for a burrito, salad, quesadilla, a family chicken meal or healthy dining choices El Pollo Loco has something delicious for you.

El Pollo Loco is located on Naglee Rd right next to Texas Roadhouse. They serve fresh food everyday for their customers. El Pollo Loco has over 80 items on their menu with healthy choices too. They slowly grill their citrus marinated whole chickens over an open flame so the customers know what they’re being served. They also hand-prepare their guacamole from their fresh Hass avocados.

El Pollo Loco opened their doors December 7, 2015 and since that day have gotten good reviews from Tracy citizens all over Yelp. This is the first time an El Pollo Loco has opened in Tracy since the closest one is in Stockton and Manteca.

This month of January I got the chance to go to El Pollo Loco and finally try their food that I haven’t had since I was 6 years old. I went on a Sunday evening and it was pretty packed with hungry customers. It was my dad, mom, brother and I so we ordered a 10 piece mix chicken with two large sides and corn tortillas with 4 small drinks, which according to El Pollo Loco serves 4-5 people. The total came up to 32 dollars which isn’t that expensive.

Once you order, they give you a buzzer with a number and when your food is ready it starts buzzing with red lights to inform you your food is ready to go pick up in the front. We waited about 15 minutes to get our food, keep in mind it was a Sunday evening and it was fully packed which for me I thought it wasn’t a long wait.

The food was delicious. The chicken was cooked perfectly and our sides were tasty as well. After I bought 4 churros for dessert which were amazing! I would totally recommend eating there with your family and friends. It’s also a perfect place to go off campus to get yourself some Pollo Loco! You’re probably getting hungry from all this talk about El Pollo Loco, don’t wait anymore go get yourself some tasty chicken!