New Habit Burger and Mod Pizza coming to Tracy

Jada Hallman, Editor-in-Chief

Watch out Chipotle, there’s some restaurant competition headed to Tracy, and local residents are anxious for new flavors. On the eastern end of the Naglee Road parking lot, residents can look forward to the construction and completion of new Habit Burger and Mod Pizza business locations that will surely pack a punch of flavor for the community.

The location is surrounded by various other restaurants that offer a variety of menu options such as El Pollo Loco with their fresh Mexican twist to Texas Roadhouse and their traditional Southern spice. The new Habit Burger location will offer to the community a variety of specialized burgers (famously known as their “charburgers”), flavorful sandwiches, salads, sides and shakes that will certainly open new doors for lunch and dinner options. Mod Pizza, a personalizing pizzeria, will offer custom artisan-style pizzas specific to your liking with more than 30 toppings to choose from. The restaurant boasts of its swiftness in preparation and efficient assembly-line techniques that guarantee fast and delicious pizzas in a limited amount of time. Sound like Blaze Pizza? Residents are eager to try the new restaurant, to compare it to better-known pizzerias in Tracy and to pick their favorite. Junior Isabel Cruz says that she is “extremely excited to see new restaurants being brought to Tracy… it is nice to have wider variety.”

“[These restaurants will] offer opportunities for entry-level employment,” said Economic Development Management Analyst Barbara Harb. “It’s great experience for a lot of people to get in and grow in their careers.” Mod Pizza and Habit Burger will offer jobs to residents of Tracy, providing work locally and decreasing freeway congestion for those who commute to work in the Bay Area. For teens and adults, these restaurants will bring to Tracy new jobs and avenues for advancement.

Both restaurants offer exciting and potential off-campus lunch opportunities for West’s students. Only 1.7 miles away, driving time will only take 7 minutes to go from West High to their locations. Both restaurants also offer online ordering through their websites, catering to students who are craving a yummy meal and need to make it back to school before the 35-minute lunch break is over. Senior Kamldeep Singh, who enjoys going off-campus for lunch during the week, said, “I’m definitely looking forward to it… there will be more options to eat at lunch and different varieties of food.”

Along with the two restaurants, there will also be a new dentist office being added to the shopping center.

Tracy has become a hot spot for advancement and improvement over the years, and now, with the addition of some new restaurants to add more variation to the current selection, residents are excited about the new buildings popping up around the city.  “We know the community is wanting these upgraded restaurants… we really are trying to expand the number of quality restaurants that people can have right here locally,” said Senior Planner of Development Services Scott Clarr. And with good food and new possibilities coming to town, the future of Tracy is looking promising.