Managing a job

Serenity Beck, Staff Reporter

Have you been searching for a job? Need extra cash for spending? Or maybe you want to help family out by paying for your own things? Here are some tips and tricks to help you learn about what you need to know about getting a job while being in school or playing sports. Getting a job is super rewarding when you get that paycheck, but first you need to have the requirements. You must be 16 years of age or older, have less than 15 hours of Saturday school, fill out a work permit signed by your employer and work experience director and have passing grades. If you are anxious about having a job while being in school, talk to your employer about days you are comfortable working. Most managers are very flexible with schedules for students who are still in school.

Senior Paola Duran says, “The most important part about playing sports in school while having a job is having your priorities straight. School comes first no matter what. It is important to make sure you have a flexible job that can compromise with you.”

If you’re looking for a job go to www.snagajob.com type in your location and jobs hiring will pop up. Always remember to attach a resume even if it is your first job and you have no work experience, you can list all of the community service activities you participated in. If you need help with what to do, talk to Ms. Gayle Jackson in the Career Center.