The Zephyr

Serenity’s Senior Reflection

Lifetouch+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Serenity’s Senior Reflection

Lifetouch

Lifetouch

Lifetouch

Lifetouch

Serenity Beck, Staff Reporter

I started my first year at West with excitement and nerves running through my body. I remember getting out of the car as my mom told me to enjoy every moment for the next four years because in a blink of an eye graduation will be here. She was right. With only less than two months left, what I can say is my high school experience has been filled with many highs and lows, but overall, I feel I have been equipped for not only college but also life as a whole. I have learned new things academically and emotionally. It has revealed my true colors positively and negatively, and as a result has built many different aspects of my character. My experiences at West High School have helped shape me into the person that I am today.

From being at this school for four years, it has helped me learn what my strengths and weaknesses are and what my work habits are like. My first year consisted of learning how to be involved and keeping up with my grades. My second year was more of a challenge for me. I eventually understood not everybody was nice or wanted to be my friend and my grades weren’t so hot either. My third year was when my thinking and reasoning skills kicked in, and I started to engage in what I was learning. I got very involved and did everything I could to have a good year and to explore out of my comfort zone.

Senior year is finally here, and I can say that I’ve grown in so many ways. All of my experiences have made me realize I wouldn’t be where I am now without everything I’ve been through. All those breakdowns and times I’ve wanted to give up are finally worth it. I now have A’s and B’s; I have taken an AP class which I never thought I’d do. My high school experience has been bittersweet, and I wouldn’t change a thing. It has been a challenging and exciting four years I’ll never forget. As we get closer and closer to the day we’ve all been waiting for, I know this is the last time we’ll all be together as a class, the last time we’ll see the same faces every morning coming into school. It’s our last time saying hi to our old teachers as we walk past them in the hallways. This is it. This is the end before we start our first chapter to our life. Thank you West High for breaking me, but for also strengthening me in ways I never imagined.