Hannah D.’s Senior Reflection

Lifetouch%0A

Lifetouch

Hannah Dominguez, Staff Reporter

No one said it was going to be easy. These past four years have been a roller coaster. One minute I’m soaring to the sky, filled with an immense rush of excitement and adrenaline. The next I’m tumbling to the ground suffocated by the fear of failure and gasping for air. At times I’m overcome with an unbelievable amount of confidence in myself only to be anchored back down, feeling discouraged by my personal failures.

My high school experience has definitely exceeded any expectations that I had based on movies I watched when I was younger. Staying up late or waking up at 5 am because I’ve procrastinated once again. Going out on night adventures with no set destination. Working late nights at Coldstone and being too tired to do my homework after. All the times my friends and I have laughed so hard we’re struggling to fight back the tears and our stomachs begin to cramp. The countless cross country practices with coach yelling at us to lift our knees as my legs are burning from the incline of the hill. Sadly and excitingly, our story is coming to an end.

When I reflect back on high school the most memorable times were the ones I’ve spent with friends. I’m thankful to have met so many amazing and uplifting people during my time at West. It’s difficult to say goodbye, but all good things must come to an end. Thank you West High and all the people who have influenced me!