Alien invades West High library

Veron Hollins, Staff Reporter

As you go into the entrance of the library, you look up after walking a few steps and see a strange unidentified creature with small claws and two weird looking eyes and think to yourself, “What the heck?” This strange thing is known as “The Alien in the Library.” Many students and teachers have seen it, and wondered what it was and why it was even there. This alien has been around since the beginning of West High itself. No one knows that much about it. Not even the librarians. And no one really cares. They just see it, and then go on about their day. But some students wonder about it and want to know more about its backstory.

“It’s a conversation starter,” Ms. Singh, the assistant librarian said. “Students want to know where it came from.”

Some people admire the alien, and think it gives them something to look at while they make their visit to the library. And this includes the librarians there.

“I think it’s very cool,” Ms. Perry the librarian said.

But what if I told you this alien had an origin? I don’t know for sure where the alien came from, but I have an interpretation. What if this alien came from an existing faraway planet, and somehow got into this library without anyone noticing long ago? And thinking the alien had always been there the entire time, the librarians never questioned it. But what if this seemingly fake and motionless alien was a real alien who secretly came to life at night?

The alien was given the role to protect West High’s library at night when no one was there. I don’t know about you, but I think the righteous look in that alien’s eyes proves my theory right. This alien shall be known as, “Toraka, The Great Guardian of The Library.”

What do you think of this mysterious extraterrestrial?