Conditioning for the Diamond

Veron H

Players huddle in a circle. Photo by Veron Hollins.

Veron Hollins, Staff Reporter

West High’s baseball team has been preparing for this year’s season by training after school with their coaches every week in the baseball field and weight room after school. Members of the team have been preparing for the season since September and will continue to prepare until January.

When doing training, the team first has to complete tasks given by the coaches over on the baseball field and then continue training in the weight rooms.

Freshman JJ Torres, a member of the baseball team, states that he has been preparing since before the school year even began because he already had knowledge of the training he would have to do once the preseason began and wanted to prepare ahead of time. When asked what he wished to accomplish, Torres stated that he hopes to get used to the West High Program and get off to a good start on the team; he expects his teammates to be hardworking and put in as much effort as they can.

Junior Chris Chan, another member of the team, states that he had been preparing for the season since summer. When asked what he hoped to accomplish this season, Chan states that he hopes to get better as a player and a person, as well as bond more with his teammates. In addition, he hopes his teammates will work hard and look out for each other, as well as themselves.

Coach Dante Dell’Aringa, an English teacher for two years, states that he hopes his team will build off the improvements made last year. He expects his team to play with maximum effort and the best attitude.

The West High baseball team’s hard work and determination will lead them to victory on the field, and we hope you’ll be there once the season starts to cheer them on!